Monday, October 4, 2010

No 'Wonder' School is so Amazing!



So Today was the first day of school and I decided that I would catalog my school year via my Blog. Now, that might not sound interesting to some, but for me I figure its a great way for some of my friends to understand what it takes to become an architect. The life of an architecture student can be describe in just one word. HARD. Architecture is a strenuous, demanding field that requires its students to undergo what is know as the thesis year. Well after 6 years of formal education studying Urban Design, Civil Engineering, and now Architecture its time to get my Professional Degree and enter the world of Licensure.

Today, upon arriving to school as the top dog of campus I realized I would not actually be on campus at all. It continued to get better when I realized where we were going to be. Our school acquired an old historic building that's literally a stones thro
w away from Petco Park. I was so excited. Outside on the old marquee read, 'Wonderbread Factory'. How cool is that? I thought that this could be the start of an amazing year. What architect wouldn't want to work in a historic brick building right across from the San Diego Padre's stadium, and better yet, right on the San Diego Bay.

So I know this is going to be the start to a great year. We had our orientation and got a load of homework already. After all the thesis year requires us to research, develop, and implement an architectural problem into a project, and did I mention write and publish a book. Oh yeah, no big deal! (sweat accumulating just thinking about it) However anyone who knows me, could probably agree that this task is not without of my reach. I am extremely excited for the opportunity to be in such an amazing place, and take on such a life changing task. This year will surely be a year of transformation and growth. Im excited for the challenge and hope you will join me in this journey as I open up my life as an architecture student. Feel free to leave me comments, ideas or insights. Im excited to take this journey with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment